On-line Mathematics Dictionary

Date: 2/18/96 at 13:9:34
From: Paul S
Subject: Math Terms

Dear Dr. Math,

I am a 2nd grade teacher at Searles Elem. School in Union City,
CA (New Haven Unified S.D.), and need the list of mathematical
terms I've seen somewhere recently (I think possibly in the NCTM
standards, but I'm not sure).  We are in the middle of our PQR
(Program Quality Review) and one of the indicators on our
district's pilot report card asks for a child's knowledge of
mathematical terms at the elementary level.  I looked at the
page of math terms here, but it does not include words like add,
subtract, rhombus, parallelogram, etc. which is what I need at
my instructional level.  If my memory serves me right, I think
the list has about 1,200 words with no definitions.  If you know
where I can find this list or if you could e-mail me the one I'm
talking about, I would be extremely grateful!!

Sincerely,
Jenny (colleague of Paul S)

Date: 4/17/96 at 20:16:50
From: Doctor Jodi
Subject: Re: Math Terms

Hi Jenny!

Try

   http://www.astro.virginia.edu/~eww6n/math/math.html

the Internet address for Eric's Treasure Trove of Mathematics,
definitions and explanations of math terms.

Good luck!

-Doctor Jodi,  The Math Forum

Associated Topics:
Elementary Definitions