Information on the Metric System

Date: 10/20/95 at 16:12:49
From: Anonymous
Subject: Help for a parent..

Found you through the Web and was wondering....

My daughter is in 5th grade and they have begun to study
metrics.  Being an old person myself, metrics and I have
never really been acquainted.  Her math book is less than
satisfactory and I hoped you might have a suggestion on
what publications I should look at for assistance --
anything on the Web would be that much better!

Thanks for taking the time to look at this -- it is
appreciated!

Kathy Monahan

Date: 11/12/95 at 14:40:41
From: Doctor Ken
Subject: Re: Help for a parent..

Hello!

Here are a couple of pages on the Web that give nice introductions to
the Metric System.  The URLs are

http://www.wsdot.wa.gov/metrics/

 and

http://edie.cprost.sfu.ca/~rhlogan/metric.html