American Mathematicians

Date: 4/16/96 at 11:59:16
From: Katy Van Every
Subject: American mathematician

I am doing a project on a famous American mathematician, but the
problem is, I can't think of any!  There are lots of English,
German, Greek, and French mathematicians that I can think of or
find, but no one American really sticks out in anyone's mind!

Date: 4/16/96 at 15:44:10
From: Doctor Jodi
Subject: Re: American mathematician

Hi there!  I'd recommend the St. Andrew's Math History page,
located at

http://www-groups.dcs.st-and.ac.uk/~history/

From this page, you can get to a birthplace map.  You can also
go directly to a listing of some American mathematicians.
That page is

http://www-groups.dcs.st-and.ac.uk/~history/SensitiveMap/USA.html

Good luck with your report and let us know how it goes!

-Doctor Jodi,  The Math Forum

Associated Topics:
Elementary Math History/Biography