Remembering Multiplication Tables

Date: 2/5/96 at 12:22:53
From: Anonymous
Subject: how to remember multiplication tables

Is there an easy way remember multiplication tables?

Date: 7/10/96 at 23:52:49
From: Doctor Jodi
Subject: Re: how to remember multiplication tables

Hi there!

I think the first person to find a truly easy way to remember
multiplication tables could make a fortune.  Here are two
suggestions for learning times tables:

- make rectangles out of bingo chips (or rows of anything else)

     2 times 5 would look like

     * * * * *
     * * * * *

     or

     * *
     * *
     * *
     * *
     * *

- think about multiples.

     When you recite lists of numbers like

     3, 6, 9, 12, 15, 18....

     do you know that you're actually saying?

     3 times 1, 3 times 2, 3 times 3, and so on?

Have you thought of any other good ways to remember
multiplication tables?

Please let us know.

-Doctor Jodi,  The Math Forum

Associated Topics: