Massive Multiplication!

Date: 2 Nov 1994 20:27:33 U
From: "Cynthia Schwartz"
Subject: My Problem

69x78x86x100x10000x100000000=

Hi.  I am Adam Schwartz

and this is Mom - Cynthia Schwartz
Adam is a first-grader and is learning lots of fun math at school.

He wants to know if Dr. Math is good at multiplication.
please respond to
cschwartz@sbi.com

Thanks -
and ps

I'm on the technology planning committee our town.  I'm always looking
for creative and innovative uses of technology in the school.

Any thoughts, research, technology plans that you might share?

Thanks a lot.
Cynthia Schwartz
A Multi-tasking Mom with a Mac

Date: Wed, 2 Nov 1994 20:49:37 -0500

Hi Adam! Hi Cynthia!

Thanks for writing to Dr. Math. My name is Vanessa and I am one of the
Math Doctors. There are actually a bunch of us here to try and answer your
math questions, and usually at least one of us is online for most of the day.

Adam, we could definitely help you with multiplication. I wasn't sure if
you were working on:

                69x78x86x100x10000x100000000=

Please write back if you have any specific math questions, especially
multiplication!

-Vanessa, M.D.
____________________

From: Dr. Ethan
Date: Wed, 2 Nov 1994 20:53:02 -0500 (EST)

Hey Adam,
That is a great problem.  Fortunately I guess I am pretty good at
multiplication; I have sure practiced a lot.

The answer to your problem is 462852000000000000000

I hope that was okay, Adam.  If you have any more problems please send them
along and if you would like us to send you some problems for you to work
that would be fun too.

        Ethan Doctor on Call

Associated Topics:
Elementary Multiplication