What is 75% of $5000?

Date: 2 Jan 1995 18:37:01 -0500
From: Anonymous
Subject: math

What is 75% of $5,000?

Date: 3 Jan 1995 02:57:23 -0500
From: Dr. Sydney
Subject: Re: math

Hello there!

Thanks for writing Dr. Math!  There are couple of different ways to
think about figuring out what is 75% of $5000.

First, you could think of 75% as a decimal -- taking 75% of $5000 is the
same as multiplying $5000 by .75.

Or, instead, you could think of 75% as a fraction -- 75% is the same as
3/4, right?  This is because 75% = 75/100 = 3/4.  So, 75% of $5000
would  be the same as 3/4 of $5000.

I hope this helps.  If you have any more questions or if you want to see
if your answer is right, feel free to write back.

--Sydney

Associated Topics:
Elementary Multiplication