Multiplying a 3-digit Number by a 2-digit Number

Date: 10/10/95 at 15:38:52
From: Chris Santini
Subject: Multiplication

Question:
What is 697x56?

Date: 10/11/95 at 16:19:45
From: Doctor Andrew
Subject: Re: Multiplication

It's hard to show work when typing but I'll give it my best shot.

      43 <- Carries from the 5
      54 <- Carries from the 6
     697
   x  56
   -----
    4182 <- Product with the 6
 + 34850 <- Product with the 50
   -----
   39032

I've shown the carries I used so that you can figure out exactly how
this works.  If you don't quite follow, send us a note.

-Doctor Andrew,  The Geometry Forum

Associated Topics:
Elementary Multiplication