After Googol

Date: 12 Jan 1995 19:49:43 -0500
From: Megin Charner
Subject: A question for Sydney

Dear my favorite Dr. Math and math partner,
        I'm glad you're my email pal (like pen-pal).

My question: Is there a number, along the lines of dectillion or
nonillion, that comes after googol? I am really interested in big
numbers like this and things like infinity.

How's pi in the sky. Mine tasted great -- like clouds, but I didn't
have to reach up into the clouds for it.

Thanks in advance,
        Sam "Dr.Math, Jr." Charner

PS -- A disclaimer: the title there was completely Sam's idea!

Date: 14 Jan 1995 18:06:22 -0500
From: Jay Scott
Subject: Re: A question for Sydney

The biggest named number that I know is googolplex, ten to the
googol power, or 10^10^100. That's written as a one followed by
googol zeroes.

        Jay

Associated Topics:
Elementary Large Numbers