Math Riddle

Date: 03/12/2001 at 21:27:41
From: Lindsay Fedie
Subject: Math riddle

Hap, the crossing guard, is very popular with the students at
Springdale Elementary. Along with his usual morning smile, Hap has a
daily riddle. One of his favorites was this one:

How do 5 and 9 more make 2?

We think the answer has something to do with 14, but we can not figure
any of the problem out. Please help!

Date: 03/13/2001 at 11:39:29
From: Doctor Jackpo
Subject: Re: Math riddle

Hi Lindsay,

What comes five hours after nine o'clock?  Nine hours after five
o'clock?

I hope this helps. If you have more questions, write back.

- Doctor Jackpo, The Math Forum

Elementary Puzzles