8549176320 Puzzle

Date: 04/30/2002 at 12:20:11
From: Tina
Subject: Special Number Pattern

The following number is formed by a special pattern and is the only
one of its kind: 8549176320.  What is the pattern?

Date: 04/30/2002 at 12:24:37
From: Doctor Sarah
Subject: Re: Special Number Pattern

Hi Tina - thanks for writing to Dr. Math.

This is a kind of trick. Write out the English words for all the
numbers, in order:

and look at all of the first letters.  What order are they in?

- Doctor Sarah, The Math Forum

Date: 04/30/2002 at 12:39:57
From: Tina
Subject: Thanks

Thanks a bunch, Dr. Sarah. I wouldn't have ever thought of that.
Associated Topics:
Elementary Puzzles
Middle School Puzzles