Circumference of a Square

Date: 05/13/2002 at 11:28:01
From: Sinomen Jackson
Subject: circumference of a square

A circle has a circumference C. Find, in terms of C, the perimeter
of a square having the same area as the circle. This has got me
totally stumped. Can't get anywhere with it.

Date: 05/13/2002 at 14:54:19
From: Doctor Ian
Subject: Re: circumference of a square

Hi Sinomen,

This is a multi-step problem.

From the circumference of the circle, find the diameter.  From the
diameter, find the radius.  From the radius, find the area.

This is also the area of the square.  From the area, find the length
of one side.  And from the length of one side, find the perimeter.

Can you take it from here?

- Doctor Ian, The Math Forum
High School Conic Sections/Circles