ZOTTFFSSE Puzzle

Date: 10/02/2002 at 12:22:00
From: Amy Frantz
Subject: Sequence

This is an extra credit problem from my son's 3rd grade math class.

   What comes next in this letter sequence: ZOTTFFSSE. Explain.

We started by translating each letter into its corresponding number
(i.e., Z = 26, O = 15), but that didn't help. We still can't figure
it out. Help!

Date: 10/02/2002 at 14:02:31
From: Doctor Robert
Subject: Re: Sequence

It's much simpler than that...

zero, one, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, ...

- Doctor Robert, The Math Forum
  http://mathforum.org/dr.math/

Date: 10/02/2002 at 14:08:17
From: Amy Frantz
Subject: Thank you (Sequence)

Thank you so much.  I knew I was over-analyzing. Just needed a fresh
set of eyes to look at it!
Associated Topics:
Elementary Puzzles
Middle School Puzzles