Coin Recognition

Date: 11/20/2002 at 21:31:52
From: Tammy
Subject: Recognition of Coins

I have an 8-year-old son who is in the 3rd grade. He is working on
money in class and I am looking for something that shows what each
coin looks like. Do you know where I can find something like that?

Thank you.

Date: 11/21/2002 at 11:08:45
From: Doctor Sarah
Subject: Re: Recognition of Coins

Hi Tammy - thanks for writing to Dr. Math.

Here are pictures of some coins:

although, if you're in the United States, it would be better to get
one of each coin at a bank, and let your son handle them and see both
sides.

There are other pictures at

   US Coins and Currency
   http://www.mistupid.com/currency/