No Thickness

Date: 12/08/2002 at 10:34:27
From: Tabatha
Subject: Math question on circles

What is a location in space that has no thickness?

Date: 12/08/2002 at 18:24:57
From: Doctor Hydrogen
Subject: Re: Math question on circles

Hi Tabatha,

When you deal with any two-dimensional object, such as a square or a
circle or a triangle, it has two dimensions: length and width.
However, these objects lack depth (or thickness).  So, any two-
dimensional object or any plane (an infinite area) has no thickness.

I hope this is what you are looking for. Good luck!

- Doctor Hydrogen, The Math Forum
Middle School Definitions
Middle School Geometry
Middle School Two-Dimensional Geometry