Arranging Toothpicks into Squares

Date: 10/22/2003 at 00:17:11
From: Erin
Subject: Toothpicks

We're supposed to make 1 square from 4 toothpicks, 2 squares from 7
toothpicks, 3 squares from 10 toothpicks, and 5 squares from 12
toothpicks.

I understand how do all of them except the last one.  I cannot draw a
picture that uses 12 toothpicks to make 5 squares.

Date: 10/22/2003 at 02:03:58
From: Doctor Ian
Subject: Re: Toothpicks

Hi Erin,

Here's a hint:  How many rectangles do you see below?

  A-------B
  |       |
  F-------C
  |       |