Classification of Angles by Size

Date: 09/30/2008 at 07:54:22
From: Dierra
Subject: Angle greater than 180

What do you call an angle greater than 180 degrees?

Date: 09/30/2008 at 10:41:02
From: Doctor Ali
Subject: Re: Angle greater than 180

Hi Dierra!

Thanks for writing to Dr. Math.

Angles more than 180 degrees and less than 360 degrees are called
reflex angles.

By the way, you may also be interested to know:

  Angles less than 90 degrees are called acute angles.

  An angle that is exactly 90 degrees is called a right angle.

  Angles greater than 90 degrees and less than 180 degrees are
  called obtuse angles.

  An angle that is exactly 180 degrees is called a straight angle.

You might want to read an article from our archives that talks about
how to remember which name goes with which type of angle:

  Angles: Acute, Right, Obtuse, Reflex

Does that help?

- Doctor Ali, The Math Forum
Middle School Two-Dimensional Geometry