Browse and Search the Library
: Resource Types
Library Home ||
Full Table of Contents ||
Suggest a Link ||
- 106 items
found, showing 101 to 106
- Video Lectures in Mathematics - Jerry Farlow
An online pinboard gathering thousands of visual links to a broad range of math videos. Categories include applications of math; famous mathematicians; math education; math humor; math on TV, movies; STEM math initiatives; and "instructional: K-12." Farlow
- Villainy, Inc.: Thwarting World Supremacy through Mathematics - Maryland Public Television
To thwart the evil Dr. Wick, ID, middle grade students take on the role of an advisor to his company, Villainy, Inc. -- while secretly using their math skills to make sure Wick never succeeds. As undercover double agents for the Anti-Villainy Unit (the
- What Is Mathematics? - John M. Lawler, Dept. of Linguistics, Univ. of Michigan
Listings of links on Godel, Escher, and Bach, and other material related to Hofstadter's book by that name, from a math appreciation course.
- Why is the Mathematician So Messy? (Math Chat) - Frank Morgan, MAA Online
A physicist and a mathematician can clean a house in 6 hours; an engineer and the mathematician in 3 hours; and the physicist and the engineer in 1 hour and 12 minutes. How long would it take the physicist alone?
- World-Wide-Web for Operations Research and Management Science (WORMS) - Moshe Sniedovich; Dept. of Mathematics & Statistics, Univ. of Melbourne
A grassroots WWW site established by the Operations Research Group (ORG) at the Department of Mathematics, The University of Melbourne, Melbourne, Australia. WORMS' main objective is to complement the formal online activities of OR/MS Societies worldwide.
- x, why? - Chris Burke
A "weblog of math-related cartoons and images, math humor and general math discussion." This New York City high school teacher's pun-filled posts date back to May, 2006: "Why Math Teachers Hate English Majors," "Imperial Unit," "The 0'Factor, episode
The Math Library ||
Quick Reference ||
© 1994- The Math Forum at NCTM. All rights reserved.