Browse and Search the Library
: Resource Types
: Public/Govt. Insts.
Library Home ||
Full Table of Contents ||
Suggest a Link ||
- 256 items
found, showing 251 to 256
- Weights and Measures - National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST)
A virtual museum exhibit examining the role of the United States government in the development and standardization of weights and measures, in eight sections: America before standard weights and measures; Ferdinand Rudolph Hassler; The Office of Weights
- What Work Requires of Schools - Secretary's Commission on Achieving Necessary Skills (SCANS)
The Secretary's Commission on Achieving Necessary Skills (SCANS) was asked to examine the demands of the workplace and whether today's young people are capable of meeting those demands as they enter employment. In carrying out this charge, the Commission
- What Works Clearinghouse
Reviews of the effectiveness of educational intervention programs, products, practices, and policies. Among other curricula, the WWC has reviewed studies of the Middle School Math Curricula interventions Cognitive Tutor, Compass Learning, Connected Mathematics
- The Woodrow Wilson Leadership Program in Mathematics - The Woodrow Wilson Leadership Program for Teachers (WWLPT)
WWLPT provides leadership development for and in collaboration with K-12 teachers through residential institutes, outreach institutes held around the country, publications by and for teachers, listservs, and its web site. Its mathematics resources include
- Workplace Essential Skills: Resources Related to the SCANS Competencies and Foundation Skills - Employment and Training Administration, U.S. Dept. of Labor
This PDF report provides the results of a comparison of the workplace basic skills defined by the Secretary's Commission on Achieving Necessary Skills (SCANS) with skill frameworks developed by a variety of national and international organizations. The
- WWW Resources for Teaching Statistics - Robin Lock; Mathematics Dept., St. Lawrence Univ., Canton, NY
A paper presented at Technology in Statistics Education, a 1998 conference for teachers sponsored by the Boston Chapter of the American Statistical Association. Its purpose is to direct readers to typical statistics instruction support sites on the WWW.
The Math Library ||
Quick Reference ||
© 1994-2013 Drexel University. All rights reserved.
The Math Forum is a research and educational enterprise of the Drexel University School of Education.