Browse and Search the Library
: Resource Types
Library Home ||
Full Table of Contents ||
Suggest a Link ||
- 205 items
found, showing 201 to 205
- What Work Requires of Schools - Secretary's Commission on Achieving Necessary Skills (SCANS)
The Secretary's Commission on Achieving Necessary Skills (SCANS) was asked to examine the demands of the workplace and whether today's young people are capable of meeting those demands as they enter employment. In carrying out this charge, the Commission
- Why It Is Important to Learn Algebra - EdSource
This PDF document is a parent/student guide explaining why Algebra I is a required subject, how it helps prepare students for the future, how Algebra I fits into the student's high school math program, and what parents can do to support their student's
- Workplace Essential Skills: Resources Related to the SCANS Competencies and Foundation Skills - Employment and Training Administration, U.S. Dept. of Labor
This PDF report provides the results of a comparison of the workplace basic skills defined by the Secretary's Commission on Achieving Necessary Skills (SCANS) with skill frameworks developed by a variety of national and international organizations. The
- Workplace Preparedness Resources - H&H Publishing
Texts, workbooks, and assessment instruments devoted to helping educators and trainers increase the competence of those in the workforce. Materials are lively, economical, and focused directly on practical workforce skills and behaviors. Assessment instruments,
- Young Investor - Columbia Management
Information on investing and investments, along with games and puzzles related to investing. Sections for teachers, parents, and students in grades K-12.
The Math Library ||
Quick Reference ||
© 1994-2013 Drexel University. All rights reserved.
The Math Forum is a research and educational enterprise of the Drexel University School of Education.