Following is a selection of presentations from the Joint Mathematics Meetings, 8-11 January 1997, San Diego, CA.
Development Programs That Work
Mercedes McGowen, William Rainey Harper College email@example.com
Jacqueline B. Giles-Giron, Houston Community College
- Applied Algebra at Augsburg College: What Makes it Work?
Suzanne I. Doree, Augsburg College
- Geometry: A Problem Solving Approach
Rose M. Dubec, Purdue University Calumet
Marcia K. Wallace, South Suburban College
- Empowering graduate student instructors and students in their developmental classes: providing opportunities for teacher development in response to different styles of student learning.
Elena Anne Marchisotto, California State University, Northridge
- Intermediate Algebra: Learning Concepts via Technology
Edward A. Gallo, Indiana University East
Marilyn Reba and Dianna Zook
- The Silent Treatment: An Attempt to Bridge the Distance Between "At-Risk" Students and Mathematics
Teri J Murphy, University of Oklahoma
- The NKATE Reform Algebra Project
Lillie F Crowley, Lexington Community College
Darrell H Abney, Maysville Community College
- Developmental Research as the Basis for Instructional Development
Erna Yackel, Purdue University Calumet
Diana Underwood Gregg, Purdue University Calumet
- Changing the Unwritten Social Contract: What Happens when youRenegotiate It?
Mercedes Anne McGowen
- Implementing Change at your Pace
James T. Sandefur, Georgetown University
- Distance Learning: Perceptions of Algebra I Teachers
Connie H. Yarema, Northeast Louisiana University
- Helping Students Who Have Not Succeeded in Mathematics Overcome Their Difficulties in Learning Mathematics
Leona L. Mirza, North Park College
- A More Personal Approach to Developmental Mathematics
Cathleen Maria Zucco, University of North Florida
- Promoting Excellence in College Algebra through Workshops based on Collaborative Learning.
A. Bathi Kasturiarachi, Kent State University
- Using manipulatives in developmental algebra
Amelia S. Kinard, Columbia College
Home || The Math Library || Quick Reference || Search || Help