From Math Images
Math Images, 2013, Overview of Working Arrangements
Goals For the Summer:
Complete 5 pages, including:
- 1 that has already been started
- 1 with a Masterman student
- 1 helper page
- 2 or more original image pages
- Look for pages you can do collaboratively
Before you start each page, submit a 1-paragraph informal proposal to Steve Maurer and then arrange to go talk to him. In the second half of the summer, Steve will be gone and you will pass your proposals by Gene Klotz or Chris Taranta.
Schedule for the Summer:
Generally 9-5 with national holidays
Visits to Masterman Wednesdays (and Tuesdays)
- 5/22, 5/29, 6/5, 6/11, 6/12, 6/18, and 6/19
Science for Kids
- Science for Kids, the summer program for the participants in the Chester Children’s Choir, begins the week of June 24 (after the trips to Masterman), 10:30-11:30, Mondays¬–Thursdays through the last week of Math Images.
- Jason is required to participate by the terms of his stipend, but as we said in our funding letters, we want all of you to participate. We are waiting to hear whether SFK yet has a good way to make use of you.
- Sketchpad Tutorial - 5/23
- Photoshop - 5/27
- Sketchpad Redux - 6/6
- Other workshops as requested
Pizza Dinners and Feedback (Diana will set up groups, they will include former Math Image participants, Math Forum staff members, and project faculty) Wednesday Nights:
- 5:00-5:45 Feedback groups 1 & 2
- 5:45-6:15 Dinner
- 6:15-7:00 Feedback groups 3 & 4
- Come to feedback sessions for your page with an idea of questions you’d like answered or issues you’d like to discuss – you get to run your meeting.
- Individual timeline meetings with Diana