From Math Images
My name is Peter Weck. I'm from Illinois, and am currently a rising sophomore at Swarthmore College in Pennsylvania. I plan to major in either physics, philosophy, or both. I also love math, and this summer I'll be staying at college to write pages for the Math Images Project.
- Finishing up the Tesseract page.
- Creating a field page on dynamical systems
- Working on a helper page about strange attractors.
- Creating a page about Russell's Antinomy
Here are a couple of research interests/ideas which I would like to explore in future pages:
- Some math topics from chaos theory and/or complexity science, maybe the math behind self-organized criticality if it is not way over my head. There are lots of cool visuals and animations that could be used in these areas.
- Maybe the Traveling Salesman Problem. The problem consists of a salesman who needs to visit x number of cities. His boss wants him to minimize travel costs. What's the shortest route? It turns out to be practically impossible to analytically solve as x gets above a few dozen or so.
- Adding to the helper page on the Completing the Square method for solving quadratics.
Cell: (618) 719-3247