Talk:Perko pair knots
From Math Images
Richard Scott likes this.
Response to Checklist
Original response to checklist, in black, completed by Kate 19:42, 20 July 2011 (UTC)
References and footnotes
- All images cited on click-through
- Footnotes and references used
- Basic description and Why It's Interesting give historical context and connection to science
Quality of prose and page structuring
- Section headings and first sentences explain purpose of each section
- Relevance of each section is clear
- More complicated math is hidden and/or placed near end of MME
Integration of Images and Text
- Images are referred to explicitly
- Captions and text explain the purpose of each image
- The main proof is a series of images
- Rebecca 03:07, 21 July 2011 (UTC)Is there some picture you could add to the Why It's Interesting section? It's probably OK the way it is, I just think a picture might draw people eyes to the section more.
- Kate 13:31, 21 July 2011 (UTC): Good idea, I found a picture of a molecular knot on Wikipedia that I'll add.
Connections to other mathematical topics
- I didn't see anywhere to make relevant connections - there is nothing else on the site about knot theory
Examples, Calculations, Applications, Proofs
- The main content of the page is the proof that the two knots are the same
- Examples are given and explained in the Dowker notation section
- Applications of knot theory in general are explained very generally in Why It's Interesting, I don't know of any applications for these specific knots
Mathematical Accuracy and precision of language
- All statements are accurate to the best of my knowledge
- Unfamiliar terms are defined (Two of the 3 sections in the MME are devoted to explaining terminology/notation that readers unfamiliar with knot theory can't be expected to know)
- Rebecca 03:04, 21 July 2011 (UTC) "Belief in ether soon faded, but interest in identifying and cataloging different types of knots stayed. " maybe "remained" instead of "stayed"?
- Kate 13:31, 21 July 2011 (UTC): I like that wording better too, I'll change it.
- Paragraphs are short, many images are used
- Page has been viewed in a variety of window sizes, spacing and layout seems as good as it can get given the information that needs to be displayed
- Hide/shows used in several places to prevent intimidation
Pre-final review comments