Subject:   RE: Explains nothing. . .
Author: SteveW
Date: Jul 16 2004
It would be interesting if people indicated the situations and purposes for
which they used a tool.

I actually hope that people develop more tests that involve the use of
open-ended tools like the Heath applet, for open-ended problems and
performance-based evaluations, in addition to the standard "solve" and
"define" test items.

It would help if the tools recorded what one did with the tool, not just the end
state.

-- steve

On Jul 16 2004, tpowers wrote:
> Yeah, I generally like Larry Husch's stuff, even though I have heard
> some people say it is too "restrictive" and "Power-point-y" (OK, my
> words there :). . . ).  Sometimes one just wants to get to the
> point; for example, when reviewing for a test or homework, the
> student doesn't want to have to do some sort of introductory
> activity.

yes  no
Post a new topic to the All in Calculus for Arc length discussion
Visit related discussions:
Arclength Java Applet tool
Calculus
Arc length