Subject:   RE: Intigration
Author: Si
Date: Apr 26 2006
On Apr 26 2006, Mathman wrote:
> On Apr 25 2006, natty wrote:
>I would like to know which kind of
> tech that I have to use in
> order to intigrate the the following
> equation:
>e^(-8*x) / (
> (x^3)*(4*x + 1) )
>
>There is no analytic solution.

I completely agree here. There is no analytic solution, as far as I have
tried.

> There may be a graphical or numerical approximation to the definite
> integral, but there is no straightforward workout.

Definitely , it can be solved via numerical approximation. If the boundaries
(integrate from x2 to x1 , etc,...) to the problem is specified, then I can
solve it using Matlab package and post back the result here. So, if anyone is
interested, then post the boundaries (upper limit and lower limit) where the
integration is to be approximated.

Cheers,
sione.

yes  no
Post a new topic to the All Activities in Calculus on Computer Algebra System discussion
Visit related discussions:
Calculus
Computer Algebra System
Activities