Subject:   RE: Intigration
Author: ihor
Date: May 3 2006
On May  1 2006, Alan Cooper wrote:
> Technology is
> part of the real world and should be
> available at all times.

Not to suggest that computational
> technology can be as harmful to untrained minds as power tools to
> baby fingers, but... Surely that last sentence does require some
> qualification!

I was thinking about more mundane things like calculators or computers, not
nuclear devices.. :-)

Should they be available at all times? Ideally, yes. Should students always use
them? Of course not. One of my goals as a teacher would be to make sure my
students learn to use them appropriately.
-Ihor

yes  no
Post a new topic to the All Activities in Calculus on Computer Algebra System discussion
Visit related discussions:
Calculus
Computer Algebra System
Activities