Subject:   RE: Precalculus:RationalFunctions?
Author: Alan Cooper
Date: Apr 29 2004
I have just submitted a lab activity on this topic.
http://www.langara.bc.ca/~acooper/mathlabs/spikes&spears/index.htm
This works ok for stronger students but others may need in-class supervision
and/or better instructions than I have provided.
The java applet that I have used does not identify and display 'holes' in the
graph but the lab does address the issue, and by zooming in on the hole the
student is encouraged to see that the graph breaks up due to rounding errors
much earlier close to the singularity than it does elsewhere.
Alan

P.S. My previous posting was not intended to promote this lab but just to point
out that some of the items listed under "Rational Functions" may have got in
there by accident as they appear to deal with different topics.

yes  no
Post a new topic to the All Content in PreCalculus for Properties of Rational Functions discussion

Discussion Help