Subject:   Need some quick help
Author: Tryin
Date: Jul 31 2004
Hey Folks,

I have just went out and purchased some software to help educate myself with
Algabra.  However, I do need some quick help on the following problems.  If
anyone can help me, It would be deeply appreciated.  I'm trying to help my kid
but I am not doing a good job at all.   Thanks

 1. Which of the following are functions?  Explain your reasoning for a, b, and
c.

a. f(x) = 2 if x>1

    f(x) = -1 otherwise

b. f(x) = 5 if x>0

    f(x) = -5 if x<0

    f(x) = 5 or -5 if x = 0

c. f(x) = 10/x

yes  no
Post a new topic to the All Content in PreCalculus for Properties of Rational Functions discussion

Discussion Help