Subject:   RE: Cramer's App and Tutorials
Author: Howard58
Date: Jul 24 2014
On Jul 24 2014, MathAdjunct wrote:
> I can't really argue against that.  However you could likely apply
> that same question to more than a handful of other topics that are
> covered as you go through high school and college math.

If
> nothing else, Cramer's Rule teaches the mechanics of calculating a
> determinant. This particular app shows the "minors and co-factors"
> approach as opposed to the shortcut method of repeating the first
> two columns.  So if we're searching for some benefit in using
> Cramer's Rule, that could be a nugget to grab on to!

Your first point - I would, unless they had some intrinsic interest.
Your second point - Cramer's rule actually fits into the intrinsic
interest category, as it is quite surprising, something nice about surprises in
math, like the 3 standard triangle centers being in a line (useless, but
amazing).

yes  no
Post a new topic to the All Tools in PreCalculus on iPhone discussion
Visit related discussions:
PreCalculus
iPhone
Tools