Subject:   Tool: Life
Author: Steve
Date: May 12 2004
http://www.shodor.org/interactivate/activities/life/index.html

I found this tool to be fairly useful, once it finally loaded (long wait time).
I like that you can slow down or speed up the iterations.  I also like that you
can change the settings, as far as what determines life, death, and birth.  It's
decent at showing chaos theory.  However, I was surprised that the patterns
seemed to stabilize fairly quickly, even when I made the world large.  I also
could not get the pre-made initial patterns to work.  The 'randomize' button
is nice, but if the user had the option to make their own pattern of squares at
the beginning, the tool could be even more useful.

yes  no
Post a new topic to the All in Probability & Statistics discussion
Visit related discussions:
Life tool
Probability & Statistics

Discussion Help