Subject:   new Data and Statistics project?
Author: SteveW
Date: Aug 10 2004
We are working with some folks down at Census and the Bureau of Labor Statistics
who are very interested in developing educational uses of the data they produce
and know about. They have developed a tool that I just catalogued, DataFerrett,
which works with a large network of data sources (known as TheDataWeb).

http://mathforum.org/mathtools/tool.html?id=12585

I would like to support a group of teachers and developers who want to
collaborate with these folks. I expect to also put together a proposal for
funding.

Already there is an interest to bring this type of information into community
projects and integrate statistics, social sciences, and community service.

I can imagine a week-long program where we explore this tool and the data
sources, as well as other tools such as Fathom, graphing calculators, etc. and
create activities and resources that, along with the group members, form the
nucleus of an educational community.

Check it out and let us know what you think.

-- steve
The Math Forum @ Drexel
Email may be sent to steve at mathforum.org

yes  no
Post a new topic to the All Content in Probability & Statistics discussion

Discussion Help