Subject:   RE: How can I make a formula in Excel so I can figure out the profit MARGIN?
Author: FByrne
Date: Mar 30 2009
On Jun 30 2006, Elliot0409 wrote:
> If I buy something at 11.70 and sell it for 16.02

How do I
> program EXCEL to automatically figure out the PROFIT MARGIN for me?
> I have a lot of product and I see EXCEL to do this for me on like
> 100 products...

Firstly, in a new cell, I would subtract using cell references the 11.70 from
the 16.02 and call this the Net Profit. Then in another new cell I would divide
the Net Profit figure (4.32 in this case) by the revenue figure (16.02 in this
case) again use cell references. I would format excel to show this figure as a
percentage and call it the Profit Margin.

yes  no
Post a new topic to the All Content in Probability & Statistics on Excel discussion
Visit related discussions:
Probability & Statistics
Excel

Discussion Help