Subject:   Tool: Rocket Launch Probability
Author: Steve
Date: May 12 2004
http://www.mste.uiuc.edu/activity/rocket/

This tool would work well for students to come up with their own formula for
finding probabilities of independent events.  If the applet were used -after-
the formula was given to the students, I think they would lose interest almost
immediately.  The graphic makes this activity a little more exciting.  I think
the applet could be improved if multiple launches could be made at once, rather
than clicking the mouse 1000 times.

yes  no
Post a new topic to the All in Probability & Statistics discussion
Visit related discussions:
Rocket Launch tool
Probability & Statistics

Discussion Help