Subject:   "Rulers"
Author: Susan Boone
Date: Nov 21 2003
This problem was particularly interesting for me.  I started with the applet and
my math mind kicked in immediately.  The plot thickened however when I had to
decide how to approach this problem using paper/pencil.  Did any of the students
experience the struggle I had figuring out how to approach the problem.
Fortunately, I remembered an old measuring tool once used by all...a ruler!
Each student had a ruler, but I am not sure how it was used.  Would some of you
share your methods?  Is there another way that you could go about solving this
problem paper/pencil without providing too much information?  I am looking
forward to your comments.  If anyone is interested in viewing the 'paper/pencil'
version, you can visit the following

yes  no
Post a new topic to the tool: Scale 'n Pop discussion
Visit related discussions:
Scale 'n Pop tool

Discussion Help