Subject:   RE: Spinners
Author: Suzanne Alejandre
Date: Feb 3 2004
Hi Rosas,

The paper spinners that I used with my middle school students often "stuck" and
didn't spin as freely as the applet does:

I'm thinking that perhaps with younger students the coordination to get a
spinner to really spin freely might be physically challenging and using this
applet could help there, too.

On Feb 02, 2004, Rosas wrote:

I think one of the nice things about using this spinner is that teachers can
easily manipulate it. Teachers can remove and add colors to change the
probability. This will hopefully save time on the side of teachers. Are there
any other advantages for students in using this spinner?

yes  no
Post a new topic to the tool: Spinners discussion
Visit related discussions:
Spinners tool

Discussion Help