Subject:   The puzzles do have valid solutions
Author: Joel Duffin
Date: Feb 12 2004
>On Feb 11, 2004, Michael McKelvey wrote:
>
>I tried combinations on Julee's specific puzzle, and >by my logic saw no other
possible solutions besides >the one she gave, so it appears that the 0.8 is
>indeed a mistake.  I feel fairly confident in saying >that there's not some
other solution which uses all >of the pieces correctly--the applet creator(s)
just >made a mistake.

While the bug in the mathlet does produce false positives, I am quite sure that
there are correct solutions to all of the puzzles that it poses. I will take a
look at Julee's puzzle and see if I can find a solution and post it.

yes  no
Post a new topic to the tool: Circle 3 discussion
Visit related discussions:
Circle 3 tool

Discussion Help