Subject:   RE: Factoring Quadratics
Author: KC Mowrey
Date: Jan 25 2011
On Jan 24 2011, ChadT wrote:
> On Jan 24 2011, pacer4life wrote:
> Doesn't anyone use "X-marks the
> spot out there.  It's such an easy
> algorithm to use.

I have 2 power points on my web site under section 8-4
I use the X for factoring quadratics when the leading coefficient is one
but for a leading coefficient other than "1" ... I love BOTTOMS UP
it is clean
and it takes the "X" one step further...
and it is easy for the kids to remember and use:
find it toward the bottom of this page...
it is "8-4 Bottoms-Up"
http://www.myhaikuclass.com/kcmowrey/mowreysclass/cms_page/view/40311

yes  no
Visit related discussions: