Subject:   RE: realities in school?
Author: tackweed
Date: Mar 12 2004
I have to agree with the majority thread of this message and that is that school
computers are not very accessible for educational purposes.  Installing a
program on the Lab computers is a tedious process at best.  Fortunately I have
acquired a hodge-podge of older computers in my classroom which are not
networked and therefore can be used for the stand alone applications. These can
also be used for demo purposes to get student's interested.

For programs I want students to have access to I provide the link for them to
download if they so desire.  This has some success.

The other option is to do program pieces or programs in JavaScript, Perl, Java,
etc., so that personal computer installation of software is not an issue.

yes  no

Discussion Help