Subject:   RE: realities in school?
Author: George Reese
Date: Mar 13 2004
Hear! Hear!
I couldn't agree more. It's great to hear advocacy for teachers being empowered
by their tech support rather than restrained.

-George

On Mar 13, 2004, Susan wrote:

From Warner Marsh
As a system administrator, geek, and teacher, I feel very strongly that
instructors require academic freedom in order to teach children.

If system administrators fail to make teachers administrators on their classroom
computers then technology development in education is going to grind to a
halt.

In todays America freedom of all forms is under assault.  Teachers need to
defend their academic freedom and press system administrators to restore their
ability to explore and develop new academic applications for their own classroom
computer systems.

System administrators do not have the right to dictate to teachers what they can
or can not use on their computer systems.  We work for the educators, they do
not work for us.

Do not put the cart before the horse.

yes  no

Discussion Help