Subject:   RE: Frustrations
Author: Suzanne
Date: Apr 6 2004
Hi Jon (and others who have thoughts about this),

Your statement:
    "I can't forsee something like this holding students' attention
    for very long."
makes me think of asking how you imagine using Java applets or other technology
in a class with students.

Do you think of these tools as stand-alone activities that students work on
independently and that is why you wonder how long a student's attention would be
held?

Do you imagine using them in a classroom setting? Do you imagine a teacher would
only assign students to use them at home? Do you imagine students coming upon
these applets on their own or within the context of a lesson? If it's within the
context of a lesson, what would that context be?

Suzanne

yes  no

Discussion Help