Subject:   RE: HELP !!! How to find something in common....
Author: Jon
Date: Jul 31 2004
On Jul 29 2004, streamliner wrote:
> I need a program which can find something in common between
> different numbers. I don't even know if it is possible but you are
> the brains :) . EXAMPLE: 4045, 3081, 2372 - the common between these
> 3 numbers is that the summ of the last two numbers is always equal
> to 9 !!! I need a program which can find this in hundreds of
> numbers... HELP !!! H.E.L.P. !! I neeeeeeeeed HEEEEEEEELP ! IT IS
> VERY IMPORTANT AND I WILL BE GLAD if somebody CONTACTS me on my e-
> mail !!!!
One solution to your problem is to go to
http://www.research.att.com/~njas/sequences/
a site that analyzes sequences. It will give you lots of ways the numbers you
are looking at could be elements in a sequence. Another thought is to use a
computer algebra system to look at all the different ways you could add,
subtract, divide the different digits. I know you could do it in Mathematica but
am not sure about other CASs such as that ona TI-89. By the way don't give up
so quickly on the geometric perspective because a lot of nuber theory was
derived by the ancient Greeks who were soperb geometers, Hope the preceeding was
helpful.

yes  no

Discussion Help