Subject:   RE: How can you focus students on learning rather than gaming?
Author: Ms Love
Date: May 17 2011
On Jun 26 2006, Amirah wrote:
> Some students enjoy using technology in the classroom - my students
> are on First In Math all of the time.  They like doing math in a
> "game" way.  These applets, with the proper introduction are great
> ways to reinforce lessons.  Struggling students may need the
> animation to first build a connection - a great way to hook them to
> the concept.  Everything isn't for everybody, so I keep that in
> mind, along with learning modalities, when I'm teaching  to the
> whole class.

I agree--this is a great presentation for teaching and supplementing lessons.
I teach special ed students, many of whom prefer a more visual, animated
approach; they seem to remember concepts and ideas better if they associate them
with colors, figures, music, and WINNING!  If they like the game, they do learn
through "osmosis" while they play.  I have watched some of my more challenged
students develop complex stategies while they play!!

yes  no
Visit related discussions:

Discussion Help