Subject:   RE: How can you focus students on learning rather than gaming?
Author: ClassProf
Date: May 17 2011
I guess the challenge lots of math teachers have is keeping students focused on
learning math, rather than just playing.

Ms Love, do your students' strategies relate just to the game, or are they
transferable to learning and doing math? I am reminded of the old chestnut
spread by teenagers that "Playing video games improved hand-eye coordination",
which I never bought into.

I'm really interested in this topic, and playing with ideas for incorporating
games into math lessons. Thanks for the discussion, everyone!

yes  no
Visit related discussions:

Discussion Help