Subject:   Teaching Statistics: Differentiating and Simulating
Author: Craig
Date: Sep 7 2004
I teach Stats in a high school; some of my students are concurrently enrolled in
their second year of Calculus, and some come into Stats right after passing
Algebra 2 as the easiest way to complete their math requirement.  Does anyone
have ideas about differentiating instruction for such a wide range of interest
and ability?

The textbook I chose is heavily into "simulation," so there are several
MathTools (mostly Java applets) I have used.  I also have students use
spreadsheets, calculators, and statistical software routinely.  Any ideas about
particularly effective activities involving technology?

yes  no
Post a new topic to the General Discussion in Probability & Statistics discussion
Visit related discussions:
Probability & Statistics

Discussion Help