Subject:   Using Web resources to meet students' needs
Author: BECarlson
Date: Nov 3 2004
Hi. I work at a non-profit education and health organization in Massachusetts.
My division is currently researching how high school science, technology,
engineering, and mathematics (STEM) teachers use the Web for lesson planning and

The goal of our study is to provide Web developers with guidelines for making
their sites teacher-friendly. I know that MathTools users have plenty to say
about what makes a Web resource useful or not useful for teachers. With your
help, the final guidelines will reflect the opinions of teachers from across the
country. Plus, the MathForum will be able to use all survey responses from
MathTools folks to inform future design decisions.

My organization is awarding token gift certificates ($5 on to high
school teachers who complete the survey and a quick (15 minutes or less)
telephone interview.

You can check out our survey here:

Also, you can read more about my organization's projects here:

If you have any questions about the research or concerns about the legitimacy of
this posting, please don't hesitate to contact me at If you do
choose to fill out the survey (and I hope you do!), you can be assured that all

Thank you for taking the time to read this.  Teachers' incredibly busy schedules
are one fact of life that does not vary geographically!

Bethany Carlson

Education Development Center, Inc.
Newton, MA 02458

yes  no