Subject:   RE: Midsegment of a rectangle?
Author: Alan Cooper
Date: Dec 10 2004
On Dec  9 2004, Mathman wrote:
> A quick followup:  I'm thinking of a quadrilateral with top and
> bottom of lengths "a" and "b".  There is a line joining the
> midpoints of the two sides, and its length is given as (a+b)/2.  You
> want proof that the top and bottom are parallel, [and the midpoint
> divider would then also be parallel to them.]  Is this what you
> mean?

Yes.

And I think your triangle decomposition (by drawing in a diagonal) leads to a
very nice proof of this fact.

yes  no
Post a new topic to the tool: Dynamic Geometry Exploration: Properties of the Midsegment of a Trapezoid discussion
Visit related discussions:
Dynamic Geometry Exploration: Properties of the Midsegment of a Trapezoid tool

Discussion Help