Subject:   RE: Formulas
Author: rabeldin
Date: Mar 11 2005
Classes are not homogenous. Each student's misconceptions deserve to be
addressed separately. There simply isn't time to do it right the first time
so... one keeps on doing it over... and using time needed for the next topic.

I wonder if some of our students have trouble with using letters to represent
quantities, in part, because they still haven't internalized the use of the
numerals to represent quantity. Does three times five conjure up a matrix of
cells or just an attempt to remember that three times five is associated with
fifteen?

I'd bet that you can find anumerate students among those who claim to fear math
or to not grasp the idea of an unknown number.

yes  no
Post a new topic to the General Discussion in Math 6 discussion
Visit related discussions:
Math 6

Discussion Help