Subject:   RE: Formulas
Author: Silver
Date: Apr 5 2005

Re: I think one of the best ways for kids to learn to deal with algebraic
expressions and then formulas is with the Hands on Equation system.  ....

I'm not familiar with the "Hands On Equation System" - I'd love to know more.

Here's another tool for learning about algebraic balances:
http://www.lakeshorelearning.com/IWCatProductPage.process?Merchant_Id=1&Section_Id=370&pcount=0&Product_Id=78&RememberSectionId=360&RememberCatalogId=3

A simpler version: use a simple balance scale and manipulatives

I'm not trying to promote this specific product - just the idea.  There are many
similar products out there that help kids learn about equalities and make the
transfer to algebraic representations of the equalities simple.

yes  no
Post a new topic to the General Discussion in Math 6 discussion
Visit related discussions:
Math 6

Discussion Help