Subject:   RE: whiteboard compass
Author: Mathman
Date: May 7 2005
On May  7 2005, Suzanne wrote:
This spelling
> surprised me and so I just looked it up on
   http://dictionary.com

The definition ended with the reference you mentioned,
> "Also called a pair of compasses."

Thanks.  Now I look further, I see "usually" used as a parir of compasses.

My apologies to one and all.  Language changes, and I guess I'm old enough now
to have seen that in my lifetime, and I mean changes, not just additions.  So,
now it's "compass".  [sigh ..I keep up with most changes, but it's getting more
difficult.]

David.

yes  no
Post a new topic to the General Discussion in Geometry discussion
Visit related discussions:
Geometry

Discussion Help