Subject:   RE: fractals
Author: Craig
Date: Aug 2 2005
On Aug  2 2005, Barnhouse wrote:

The fascinating part of the old program I had was that you
> could select any tiny area of the picture on screen, about one four
> hundredth of the area, and expand it to full screen.  Then you could
> select a tiny area of that and expand it, and so on.  I used to do
> this to clear my head after a day's work, and I have gone in twenty
> or more layers with that program.  If it had limits, I never found
> them.

Check out http://mathforum.org/mathtools/tool/483/ , a java applet from the
National Library of Virtual Manipulatives, that does exactly what you describe.
I found it by using "search" for "Mandelbrot" (or for "fractals") from the
MathTools home page!

yes  no
Post a new topic to the tool: Diffusion-Limited Aggregation: Growing Fractals discussion
Visit related discussions:
Diffusion-Limited Aggregation: Growing Fractals tool

Discussion Help